Sunday 4 May 2008

Origins

People occasionally ask how I chose Pale Heretic as a company name.

A few years ago, close friends and I used to play the MMORPG Lineage 2. Now, this game is incredibly labour intensive and the amount of effort required to progress increases almost exponentially. This got so extreem that we all opted to start again, so we could re-experience the fun of being a new player, rather than the incessant grind of higher levels. Our first guild (a way of creating a team of players) had been called the Dark Apostles ... so I chose the Pale Heretics as the next generation. I've loved the name ever since, and when I sat down to name this company, I found a lot of synergies.

In Pale Heretic I wanted to create a company that could explore concepts that went against what industry dogma dictates (heresy is always defined by the dominant religion). The name also has impact, is memorable, the domains where available and as a name is almost entirely un-used.

Pale Heretic is a concept innovator, unorthodox, creative, independent. We are eagerly exploring the long tail of design and interaction.

No comments: