Tuesday 11 November 2008

Now, that's a whole 'nother channel right there....Part 2

I'm a bit of a geek. That's probably come over in the postings that I've made here. As such, I have stickers on the lid of my EeePC for a couple of things and want to add my favorite social media, virtual world and technology brands there.

So I did the obvious thing and emailed 6 companies: blogger, second life, linked in, twitter, opensuse and flock. Guess what? *None* of these companies have stickers.

I said it in my last posting, but it's work repeating: stickers are great because the allow other peoples personal possessions to act as a vehicle for your brand. This is very, very cheap advertising to market segments that may well be interested in your product, and quite possibly don't know it exists.

One of the stickers I have on my EeePC lid is for skullcandy. Why? They make great headphones and were smart enough to include *two* stickers in the blisterpack with their product. I have had dozens of conversations with people who ask what the sticker is for .....

No comments: