Thursday 12 February 2009

Mandriva Linux and my Asus EeePC 900 - A follow-up review

Having now run my EeePC 900 with Mandriva Linux for something like 4 months, I thought it was time to do a follow-up review and let you know how it was going as a long term choice.

And to get right down to the headline: nothing to report.

That's it, right there. It just works, to the level that its essentially transparent as an OS and so far the limit of my required administration has been to type in my password to install any updates.

Perfect.

My EeePC is a daily companion the provides email, web, graphic design (photoshop under wine, gimp, blender and inkscape), web development (dreamweaver and flash under wine) and remote desktop. So it isn't getting off lightly just because its a netbook.

Unlike with my experiences of Ubuntu and OpenSuse, in another few months and I am confident that I'll still have nothing to report.

No comments: